MegaSys has an immediate opening for an IT Technician to install and maintain computer systems and networks to the highest functionality. Thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of applications, networks and operating systems including Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server, Linux, SonicWall and Appassure/Rapid Recovery is expected.
Responsibilities will include:
• Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices
• Check computer hardware to ensure functionality
• Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
• Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
• Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
• Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance
• Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve
• Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
• Train users of the system to ensure appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
• Proven experience as an IT Technician or relevant position
• Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills; attention to detail
• Excellent communication ability
• Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
• In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
• Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
• Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage
The successful candidate will have experience with:
• Windows security and updates
• OS security and updates
• Office 365 administration
• Firewall configuration
• V-LAN configuration
• Switch security configuration
• Backup management
• General server and PC maintenance
For an opportunity to join the MegaSys team, send your resume to;
Human Resources Manager
MegaSys Computer Technologies
1111 – 57 Avenue N.E.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2E 9B2
All materials will be kept in strictest confidence. Please include in the subject line of your email the position you are applying for.